Black Bean Quesadillas
• 1 can of organic Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed well
• ¾ cup of diced tomatoes (sometimes I’ll use salsa)
• 1 clove of fresh garlic
• 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
• 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
• Pinch of cayenne
• Salt to taste
• ½ cup of black beans, drained and rinsed well
• ¼ cup of diced tomatoes (or salsa)
• Tortillas of your choice
1. In a blender or food processor, place your northern beans, ¾ cup of tomatoes and garlic. Blend until smooth and then add the nutritional yeast, cumin, salt and cayenne. Blend again until incorporated.
2. Pour bean mixture in a medium bowl and fold in the black beans and remaining ¼ cup of diced tomatoes.
3. Place a tortilla in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spread about ¼ of mixture onto the tortilla and spread out evenly. Place another tortilla on top. Cook each side until the tortilla is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment